
I'm gonna brag a little bit - because that's what moms sometimes do. I love this kid. We made a deal about a year ago that if he reads the Book of Mormon, I'd bribe him with something worth $100 or less. He decided on MarioKart. It took a lot of convincing, but by golly, he did it. And I didn't even have to remind him to read each day! Today was the Big Day. He was so stoked to get it, but I was deep in conversation with a good friend on the phone so he had to wait a little (like 15 minutes) to open it because I needed to have the package un-opened for a photo-op, and boy oh boy, you would've thought it was the end of the world. I've never seen such crocodile tears! *notice the red eyes in the pic. I've asked him if he understood any of it and he said, "Not really." But it's a great start and will hopefully become a routine. Plus, I might have bribed him with a prize each time he reads it. I don't care. Whatever works!

5 comments:
what a great idea! The fact that you didn't even have to remind him just amazes me. I bet he is one happy kid!
Way to go, Leigh. Bribery... best way to get the kids to do what you want! Heehee
What a great idea! Who cares as long as he's doing it. Reading it because he wants to will come later. Maybe much later, but he's amazing so it'll happen.
That's so cool, Leigh! We aren't nearly that good, but it does my heart good to walk in to my girls' room at night and see them reading their scriptures without being asked to. They're good if they read a couple of pages a night, though--that challenge is a great idea. Tell Tag Aunt Kim is so proud of him! Seriously, Leigh, he is such a great kid. All three of yours are adorable, but there's just something really cool about Tag--good boy!
Kim
Good work, Tag. I'm impressed.
Post a Comment