For journal purposes only, I had to post a pic of my sweet new ride. I'm doing this because I'm very sure that in a few years from now, I'll look back at this car and say, "What the HECK was I thinking on this one?" But for now, I think it's the shizzle. Cocky, you say? Maybe just a tad. I got the idea from a little known show called "Rob and Big," again, my dad would be so proud. He hates the fact that I still watch MTV.
I love it when I pull up into the Sonic drive-thru for my daily Diet Coke run and all the punk 16 year old kids say,"What up Big Black? Are you Dyrdek's girlfriend?" And I'm thinking, he wishes! Just a tired, crabby mom with 3 screaming kids in the back fighting over which movie to put on. But I have to say, it still makes me feel pretty cool, especially from the kid at the window, N8. You ask, why do you spell it that way? Well, I'm going through the drive-thru one day and I notice a tat on his arm the the letter N and an 8 ball. "See? Nate!" Duh, why didn't I think of that? He thought it was awesome, me, not so much.
But I have to say, the best part of driving this car was when I was yet again going through the good 'ole Sonic drive-thru the other day and my favorite employee, Gabe says to me, "Hey, so I saw your car pull up the other day and it's this teenage girl driving, so I asked her if this was her MOM's car." Are you for real Gabe? I'm 31 and NOT old enough to have a 19 year old daughter!! So with that, there happens to be 2 "Big Blacks" cruising the streets of M town, I'm not as cool as I thought I was, and Gabe is missing a few tools in his shed.

5 comments:
love the post big black... sitting here giggling!
Love that you posted about your "Big Black". Now I don't feel so dumb about when I posted about "Big Red"! You are the shizzle- fyi
I think that's hilarious! I happen to love ROB N BIG! Isn't the term "Murdered Out"? Or something like that when you go all black? Anyway, have fun cruising! Don't you love the fact that you can tint all your windows in AZ?!
Okay, so you know I'm such a nerd when it comes to cars, I know nada. Zip. Zilch. So...what kind of car is it? I think I see GMC on it... can't really tell. Whatever it is, it's look pretty hot. I can totally see you cruisin' through Sonic in it. All the kids are jealous of the hot model in big black.
You are so funny Leigh - that's what we Love you!! I love the fact your still watching MTV!! So fun to see my you (favorite cousin) in July, call us if you are ever in Utah.
Post a Comment