Last week Tommy and I were invited by some friends of ours to their place on Flathead Lake in Montana. I am NOT kidding around when I say this was by far the coolest place I have ever been, Fo' Sho! It was so dreamy. We took the kids to school on Monday and jetted up to Missoula for a week of fun. We spent 5 days doing nothing but sleep in 'til 10, (not quite my "full sleep-in" as my dad and I like to refer to it) surfed, jet-ski'd, rocked out with Rock Band, (which by the way, why haven't they come up with Rap Band? I would KILL it! Holla'!!) rode mountain bikes a torturous 8 mile loop, and ate waaaayyy too much. I seriously think I gained like 25 pounds while we were there! It probably didn't help that they had a soda fountain in the house. I would routinely wake up at 10:15 and go straight for the soda fountain for my morning Diet Pepsi before anyone could get a whiff of my sweet morning breath.
On one of the last days, we went to one of the neighbor's houses and went down their sweet water slide. Mind you, the water going down the slide was soooooo cold, I think that's really why our faces are so scrunched in the pics. It. Was. Freeeeezing. And of course, it didn't end there. Their neighbor, George was kind enough to let us hang out in his arcade room. Wish I had pics of it.
The last night we were there, we grabbed a bunch of ice cream and took it on the boat for a sunset cruise. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. It was great to be with old friends, and make some new ones as well. Thanks Dallas and Krista. We owe you!

5 comments:
So jealous!!!
I want some kid-free time with my hubby, but I don't think that'll happen for a long time! Looks like you had a great time. (Despite the timing of the trip.) You look beautiful, by the way! (You've been a busy little blogger too.)
Me too, SOOO jealous! How fun for you to get to do that. You're bringing me next time, right?
Leigh! Your blog is hilarious, I love it and I love your cute family. All the kids are getting so big! Holly had so much fun watching them last week!
Oooh, that looks so nice! Glad you had such a great time.
Kim
Post a Comment