Last week, Tag went to the school spelling bee. He got 3rd place out of 20 participants. He got beat out by two 6th graders. Mind you, he's in the 4th grade. I was so nervous for him, I felt like I was going to throw-up the whole time. After about 8 rounds, he finally lost on the word "haughtiness." For realz?? Who knows how to spell that, anyway? So this is how he spelled it:
"H-O-T-T-I-N-E-S-S"
Poor kid. Oh well, I think he did a great job. And we didn't even have any tears at the end.
** Just as a little side note, there's a little girl (I won't name names) in his class that has a little crush on Tag, so when the lady announced the word 'haughtiness, she leaned over to their teacher and said, "Oh, he SO better get this word right!" He's loving the fact that every girl in his class calls him "little hottie" now. **
Way to go Dude!
P.S. I'd be lying if I said I don't know where he gets his smarts from. I'll be honest - he gets it from his momma. That's right folks, I got 3rd place when I was in the 1st grade, 2nd place in the 2nd grade, 1st in the 3rd grade, and 1st in the 8th grade. (Tommy says he won't even write on the chalkboard at church because it doesn't have spellcheck.)

11 comments:
Leigh, as always you never fail to give me a good chuckle!
Love the "hottiness" thing, too funny! What a smart kid. And you're so humble.
Swayze. What is there to say? LOVE her!
Tommy sounds like me! Go Tag! I hope Little Hottie doesn't get a big head. That's really cute.
Pass along my congrats to my little hottie nephew! Yay, Tag! It's not surprising that he has a little following of girlies from school! What a cute boy! Wish I had some "smarts" to pass down to my kids.
What a stud! I am with Tommy, I would die without spell check, just ask my family! They make fun of me all the time. BTW love the picture of Swayze giving you the bird. My Austin always counts and points with that finger...I will have to capture a picture of it!
Yea for Tag! That's awesome! Just wait til next year...
What a hottie! Oh so cute!
Tag is not only a little hottie, but he's also the most POLITE kid around!
Way to go Tag!!!
Tell Tag he should appeal. He just had his mind tuned in to gansta speak, not Marth'a vineyard speak. His brand of hottiness is cooler than haughtiness.
Hey Tag, will you teech me how two spel.
I think that today hottiness is used more often than the other. He was totally right. I would have voted to keep him in. If you can do that.
This was supersonic. Give Tommy a huge wedgie for me. Hope you guys are doing great.
Dale Wengler
Post a Comment