Unlike most normal families that like to spend Christmas with all their family, we like to escape ours. We've sort of started a tradition with our kids where each kid only gets one gift and we take a trip instead of lots of gifts that they'll never remember in a few years. So this year, we had planned on going up to McCall, Idaho with some good friends and then off to see my sister and her family in Boise, but the day before we were to head up there, our friends called and said there was a huge snow storm and a the highway between Salt Lake City and Boise was closed. My poor father-in-law's eyes were beaming and asked what it would take for us to stay in Mesa for the holiday, (that's because Tommy and I happen to be the life of the party. Well, me anyway.) I'm thinking, "Oh Heeell no!" So we made a few phone calls and decided to drive up to our old stomping ground and some super nice friends of ours offered their condo in Provo. Let me just say, this pad was nicer than your house AND mine put together. I didn't ever want to leave. Tag even said, "Hey Mom, I bet if we save up all our coins in our big water jug, we could buy one of these condo's." Sure buddy. Whatever you say. (and I thought he was doing so well in math.) Since when does a full water jug equal $400,000? If that's the case, I'm hitting my local Coinstar stat! We ended up having a great time, ate some tasty food. I highly recommend Pizzeria 712. It comes in at a very close 2nd to Pizzeria Bianco. (which, in my humble opinion happens to be every bit as good as Oprah says). And for those of you who don't like it, well then, you need to have your taste buds checked. All in all, we ended up having a wonderful white Christmas.
Leaving Santa some goodies. The kids were a little concerned that Santa wouldn't know we were in Utah, due to our change in plans. We reassured them that Santa knows everything and would surely find them.
The kids checking out their new loot.
Someone must've been a naughty girl this year. Her stocking didn't get filled. So sad... but not to worry. I have my own little brown Santa. His name is the UPS man. My package should be arriving in 3 - 5 business days.
Braving the Arctic cold to see the temple lights.
More temple lightage.

4 comments:
What a fun tradition! It was really cold here in utah for Christmas. At least you guys got a white Christmas right?
Hey, Wheezer! Glad you guys had a fun time in Utah, even though we got jipped out of seeing you guys. The temple lights look so pretty--I still want to take our kids down there one winter to see them.
I heart the UPS man. And the blanket statement of "Oh, yeah, that charge on the Mastercard...it was for Christmas". No need to mention it was for Christmas...for ME.
Don't feel too badly Leigh, my stocking didn't get filled either (didn't even get hung!) but I was online ordering my present on Christmas Day. I love the Brown Santa mostest of all, except for the white Santa that sits at his desk and pays the Visa bill! Love you. Glad you had a great, safe time.
Mom
Post a Comment