
So the other night, I was at Fresh and Easy buying groceries for dinner and when it came time to check out, I realized I didn't have enough money for everything. I was almost $7 short. Now, if you haven't been here, let me explain. There aren't any check-out clerks, you do it yourself, which is seriously my dream come true since I've always been a teeny bit obsessed with scanners and cash registers, only it doesn't have cash registers. Bummer. Anyhoo, so I'm checking myself out and get to the total, don't have enough dough on me (that's because I hesitate to say I had already taken my alotted $200 dollars for the day from the ATM) and didn't have a credit card (and quite frankly didn't have time to raid Tommy's wallet before I left) so I had to summon someone over to void a few items for me. Thinking, 'Oh, it'll probably be just a few items, try like 5 or 6! It was a little busy, so hence, a little awkward.
So the sweet girl had the manager come over for the "manager's approval" and she said, "Oh, let's just give them to her, she's in here all the time. She's one of our BEST customers." (ok, maybe she didn't say the latter of that last sentence.) I mean, by that time, I was starting to count every dang penny in my wallet AND might I also mention I had set my change on the conveyor belt and when the girl started bagging my stuff, she turned it on and there went my change, so now I'm yelling, "NOOOO!" as I scrambling to chase it down the belt. It was pretty pathetic to say the least. So basically, they gave me $7 worth of free groceries!!
Well, you'd think I would've learned my lesson by now. Oh no. I only had $28 dollars on me today and it came down to my InStyle magazine and a carton of grapes (which are my little Swayze's favorite) and, well, you know me. The grapes had to go. I mean, come on! Heidi Klum's on the cover this month! Not to mention it's the "Sexy Hair and Makeup Holiday Edition." So I'm handing the gentleman back the grapes and he says, "You can just have the grapes, ma'am." Have I mentioned how much I hate being called Ma'am? How about 'Miss, or 'Honey or 'Sweetie? (wait, not 'Sweetie, i.e., previous post.) Oh well. Those Fresh and Easy peeps must think I am absolutely pathetic! Or maybe I'm just really good at batting my fake eyelashes? (see Tommy, they're good for something!) Well, whatever it is, this place is the bomb-diggity.

3 comments:
That's quite a racket you're running "Ma'am". You know you're still a hottie when you can scam the grocery store twice in one week!
That store is the best. They gave me half off a turkey 2 days BEFORE thanksgiving. Make friends with Andrew too. He thrives off the kindness ( attention, flirts?!?!)
You can downoad the coupon off their website too!
It helps to be friekn' hot... slut! Sorry just a little jelous, yup fat, pregnant and jelous! That's how I roll these days! Love ya Leigh! Thanks for my Stapely Fix!
Post a Comment