A few of my friends "tagged" me on Facebook, and since I'm a computer idiot and don't know how to cut and paste, I figured I'd just post them here:
1. I grew up in a teeny little house that was once 2 chicken coops the cowboys had built and made into a house. Still to this day my favorite house we ever lived in.
2. My dad taught me how to drive at age 6. We lived on a ranch about 20 minutes from town and he thought my sisters and I needed to know how to drive in case of an emergency (that, and he needed someone to drive the Uni-Mog while he threw the bails of hay out the back to feed the horses. I was his go-to girl.)
3. I wanted to be a bus driver when I grew up. I was fascinated with the door opener thing. (That dream was shattered after Annette, my favorite school bus driver in the whole world let me push the button "just this once" and I accidentally pushed it too soon, closing the door on a little girl and knocking her off the bus.)
4. I own over 80 pairs of shoes. I should be ashamed, but I'm not. (I'm currently looking into checking into "Promises" Rehab for shopaholics. Maybe I can room with Britney Spears while I'm there.)
5. I've had kidney stones 3 times (too many).
6. I have a "secret" hidden talent. I can make the sound of a cat throwing up. The sound still makes my mom gag. :)
7. Not only was I a band geek, I was also a letterette, the E. (I still know some of our routine.)
8. I get carsick very easily. I usually have to do the driving on road trips and my car is always well-equipped with barf bags I've borrowed from many a Southwest flight.
9. I won $5 at the local lip-syncing contest when I was 12. (It might've helped that my sister Kim was one of the judges. Either that, or the fact that I killed it at "Straight Up.")
10. I've bitten my finger nails since I had teeth.
11. I hate hot-tubbing.
12. My high school graduating class was a whopping 54.
13. I've never met my mom's sister.
14. I was shipped off to Canada to live with my aunt the summer before my senior year. I think it's pretty safe to say I wasn't my parents' "Golden Child" that year.
15. I cracked/broke my tailbone (not sure which one) my freshman year in high school. Delio Pacheco was practicing his kung-fu skills and kicked me. I literally couldn't sit up straight for a year. In fact, it still hurts.
16. I won the school Spelling Bee twice.
17. I had a miscarriage on a cruise to the Caribbean. To this day we call Swayze the "evil twin," very lovingly, of course.
18. I'm taller than my husband. We weren't too into each other upon our first meeting. I thought he was too short and he thought I wore too much makeup.
19. Someday I would really really REALLY love to go back to South Africa with Tommy.
20. I went on my first date when I was 15 (gasp!) while visiting Utah, with a guy who was going to BYU. I don't think my parents ever knew about that one. The cat's out of the bag.
21. I once bit my own arm and blamed it on my sister Andi so that she'd get spanked.
22. I had to explain to my (much older) sister Kim the business of the "birds and the bee's."
23. I used to think my "sunburned look" was hot.
24. Our dog Snoopy was on a very short-lived television series called "Downtown."
25. If you look really closely at my iris's (the blue's of my eyes) you can see flower shapes in them.

21 comments:
I still remember when you had your miscarriage, but were miraculously still pregnant... it's one of those cool stories I can tell people... "I know this girl who..."
Leigh you absolutely fascinate me. I think that I am going to stalk you even more now.
I love your entries! The more you write, the sadder I am that we didnt hang out more in Provo back in the day... You are hilarious and I bet we would have laughed our A's off all day long.
You're one of my all time favorites!
And I wish I would have lived in the chicken coop house too...
I'm right there with you on #8-
#6 would do me in too- I'm sorry but cats are just nasty.
You funny lady! All of it made me laugh, yet none of it surprised me:)
I love it! Most of those I already knew. But seriously, 80 pairs of shoes? That could send one of my kids through college. My own shoe collection is seriously lacking, you should donate to the cause... And by the way, I absolutely loved the chicken coop too. I think I cried when I saw that they demolished it.
And that is exactly why I love you!
Wow! good job thinking all that up. I keep getting that same tag, but I don't think I can come up with 25 things. There were only a few on there that I already knew, and here I thought I knew you so well!
I totally hear you with the whole bus driver thing! I thought it would be soooo cool too! I used to sit in the front row in 3rd grade just to watch our bus driver shift gears and open the door! Good thing I stopped taking the bus!
Hey, you! Thanks a lot for telling everyone how you had to explain the facts of life to me! I still love you, though. I guess it's just because I was so sweet & innocent! Just kidding.
I love reading your blog!! You make me laugh! =] I guess that is why the Andersens love you so much!
I'm kind of confused about #11.
Isn't Hot Tubbing Tommy's favorite (or 2nd favorite...) hobby?
I'd just like to know how you pulled off the date at 15. Where the heck was your Nazi mother?
Mom
Um, 80 pairs of shoes? I have that many...is there supposed to be shame in that? I don't understand why that's not #1 ;-)
I love that I totally understand so much of this,because we are both from the same area back home in Cali. I think I have bitten my finger nails as long as I can remember, too. Wish I could break it.
FAH REALS! It's a true blessing to know you! I love the little spice you add to my world!
Leigh- I'm telling you, we would be besties! I just think your funny. if Tommy wouldn't have married you, I would have!
oh my h!*%! You crack me up!! And i love you!!
FUNNY!! You are a riot! I've been giggling over my breakfast cereal all morning :-) I'm surprised I haven't laughed milk out my nose yet! I loved reading your 25 things! Much more entertaining than ANY others I have read so far. I learned so much about you ;-) All day long I'm gonna have a visual image of you shutting the bus door on that poor girl...
btw --- "Pieces" is me...Rees ;-)
I remember your tailbone incident. I teased in my normal immature way, only to feel very sympathetic when I realized the severity of your pain. Wow. Good ol' Delio(obvious sarcasm).
Post a Comment