Saturday, January 17, 2009

And The "Father Of The Year" Award Goes To...

This is Tommy and Swayze's conversation this morning:

Swayze, coming into our bedroom:  "Dad, Kee-an'th (Keagan) hit me."
Tommy:  "Well, did you smack her back?"
Swayze:  "No."
Tommy:  "Well, go and smack her back."
Swayze, going back into the family room:  "Kee-an, my dad'th thayth to thmack you back!"

It was such a proud moment.

7 comments:

The Ledbetter's said...

No I'm glad you found me!! I love your family you guys are so adorable!

eBay said...

Love it! Sometimes you gotta try something outside what the parenting books would suggest ya know? Sorry about the tickets. I could name all Brangelina's babies too. And I don't envy Giselle as much as I do Heidi Klum. I DO walk into VS and say "I hate her." One of the sales ladies heard me and said, "your not the first person to walk in here and say that." And by the way, I'd like to see a posted video of the triple lutz.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know I've always been a little slow, but this story reminds me of one Mom has told me about when I was little. She said that we were at my friend Amber's house and I told Mom that Amber hit me. Like Tommy, Mom's advice was, "Hit her back." She said I kept moving kind of weird around Amber and Mom finally realized that I had taken her literally but was having trouble getting in the right position to hit Amber on her back.

We do funny things as parents. I just talked with one of my good friends who is trying to get her youngest to stop using a binky. Someone she knows nailed their child's binky to the wall so they could still use it if they really wanted to, but they had to have their nose up against the wall to do so. My friend thought this was a little too extreme, so she has tied her son's binky to his bed. Not surprisingly, they keep finding that he puts himself to bed now.

Lesley said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Man after my own hear Tommy. You rock as a father. Only I'd probably tell her to smack her sister...twice.

Angi said...

There is beauty all around when there's love at home.

Rhonda said...

Laughing outloud!!! FAHUNNY!