Monday, January 19, 2009

And This Is My "Mother Of The Year" Award...




So I've decided to let Tag try his hand at babysitting a little here and there.  I stay very close, it's typically just a run to the grocery store or so.  I'm making that very clear so I don't get my patootee thrown in jail.  Anyhoo, I went out the other day for a bit and the first thing Tag said when I walked in the door was, "Mom, I seriously canNOT handle babysitting Keagan anymore."  She can be quite and stinker and has given many a babysitter quite a run for their money.  Some have even called (in tears) while I'm out and said to come back home ASAP.

So this is where the "award" part comes in.  As I've mentioned a few posts back, I've had a really hard time finding the right type of punishment that works best with my Keags.  There is no such thing as leverage with her.  Spanking (she doesn't cry), grounding (doesn't care, she's perfectly happy playing all by her lonesome for 2 weeks straight), and washing her mouth out with soap has not seemed to work, however, hot sauce has seemed to do the trick just beautifully.  I personally recommend anything habenero. She loathes it.

So (I'm just realizing I've started the last 3 paragraphs with the word 'so, get over it) after Tag's babysitting debacle, I sent her to her room and out came this little note:

Mom,
I will be good and not bad when Tag babysits so I won't get hot sauce in my mouth.
-Keagan

*And to my own mom, I know you are absolutely loving all this.  Payback has definitely been a biznatch.*

6 comments:

aubri said...

Love it! I think you are the best mom ever, ask my kids they'll agree :)

Anonymous said...

Hot sauce in the mouth has proven effective in our household, too. Just don't try chipotle Tabasco--too mild--Jake and Karsyn (the ones I tried using it on) now request it on their scrambled eggs. You're right about having to go for the habanero.

Auna Leigh said...

Dido! And no I have no tramp. I know of one but she's in Arizona!
He! He! He! Pregnancy giggles are the best! Thanks for taking it in stride! Love you!

Stephers said...

What a great tip, I'll have to remember that :-)

Andi said...

Ha! I remember Mom talking about how you would ask for Tabasco sauce on your thumb or something like that. Oh the things I have to look forward to...

Dallas Tanner said...

Hahaha, too funny. I have also heard that vinegar works miracles :)