Thursday, January 15, 2009

Well, Happy Freaking Birthday To Me!

Today was my Tommy's birthday.  Numero 34.  I went to get the mail today, and look what I found.  The Government's version of a birthday card.  Not one, but TWO photo-radar tickets.  That would make 6 - let me repeat - 6 photo-radar tickets he's had in the last 6 months.  And, mind you, if you look really close, you can see he's trying to be all sneaky and hide behind the sun visor (and he's tried telling me he doesn't know where the cameral traps are.  I'm officially not buying his bologna anymore.  Anyone who lives in the metro Phoenix area knows darn well exactly where these suckers are.) The last time he got a ticket, he claimed the guy in the photo was his business partner.  Unbelievable. And, to top it off, they bought it!!  I'm about ready to sell his car (to pay for these dang things) and make him ride the Metro!  I could've bought at least like 7 pairs of jeans with the dough we're forking out on these babies! 

I have to say on a higher note, I'm glad we got these in the mail.  The "process server," or the dude that serves tickets at your door has been to our house 4 times now.  I think his name is Carl.  He laughs every time he hands us the tickets.  It's getting to be pretty freakin' embarrassing.  We're practically buddies now, in fact, I'm thinking of inviting him over for dinner the next time I see him.


6 comments:

aubri said...

You should tell Tommy next time he gets a ticket, he has to fork out some dough for a pair of jeans AND a pair of shoes. That will teach him!

Stacey said...

SO surprised my husband hasn't gotten one of these himself yet. And wow, those are pretty good pictures for the itty bitty cameras!

Andi said...

Hahahahaha!! Oh man, seriously. I'm dying here. 8 pairs of jeans? That's a fat wad of cash. Tell him that for each of THESE tickets he has to buy you a pair of jeans and shoes like Aubri said. What a weiner. I thought about calling him yesterday to say happy birthday and forgot. Oops. You'll have to tell him for me. If he can get two tickets, I can tell him happy birthday a day late and through your blog. Mark got a ticket in the mail once from when he was driving a rental in LA when he was there shooting a commercial. Running a red light. Yeah, that one cost $350. He hasn't dared get a ticket since then.

Dallas and Krista said...

That is awesome. Tommy I have gotten one or two of those myself. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Carl sounds lovely. Hope you enjoy your new-found friend! I'm a little disappointed here, though. I'm waiting for pics of the big party. I want to see Tommy in his skating tights! Hope he had a great birthday--his card really is in the mail.

Angi said...

I can't believe neither one of us thought to wave these in his face the other night during your "lecture"! They were even sitting right there in our line of sight!