Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Couples Trip To Utah...


We had such a great time last weekend on a ski trip with a bunch of friends from the hood.  I hadn't skied in 10+ years and was never good, even back then, but when the Funks invited us up to their place in Midway, we couldn't pass it up.  I figured it was finally time to put my big-girl panties on and give skiing another try.  You see, my Tommy is a fabulous skier and I pretty much suck at it.  Now, you'd think that for my first run, my sweetheart would take me down the bunny hill, or a green run at most, but no.  After a 10 minute, excruciating ride on the mountain up flippin' Mount Everest (that was just about enough to do me in right then and there, having motion sickness and all.  Thanks goodness I was well-equipped with my Southwest barf bags) I'm thinking, 'wait a freaking minute here!  This doesn't look like the bunny hill to me.  I realized I was so screwed.  He took me down a blue run.  Let me just say, when I finally made it to the bottom (4 crashes, a few choice words here and there, and an hour and a half later), believe you me, I was just about ready to serve him papers.  He knew better.  It took everything in me to not bawl like a baby, so I just sucked it up.

So I think it's pretty safe to say, I really wasn't looking too forward to skiing the next day, but long story short, I finally had it somewhat figured out by the end of the day.  I was a little surprised when a member of the U.S. Ski Team stopped me for my autograph and offered me a spot on their team. :)  After we got home, I asked Tommy, "So on a scale from 1-10, just how good am I now?"  And do you know what that little squirt had the nerve to say? "1."  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  A 1?!  I was thinking more along the lines of about a 6 or so.  Oh well.  There's always next year.


Isn't she bee-utiful?


Before hitting the slopes at Snowbasin with some serious butterflies in my stomach.


 Aww, just look at these two lovebirds.


Day 2, skiing at Park City.  I won't tell you what Tommy's nickname is for this resort.  Ok, you talked me into it - Park *&%#!@ - tty. And never mind how bright the sun was.  You know it's bad when I can't even look at the camera for a glamour shot.


Dinner at The Last Samurai.  I suck at catching the shrimpies.  I think I'm 0 for 17.  I have yet to catch one.


Trying to catch some shrimp.  Not the most glamorous shot.  Why on earth am I opening my mouth when Tommy is trying to catch his shrimp?  So ugly.


All gussied up before hitting up  the Grand America for brunch.

The Funktified's, the Draughon's, Stapley's, Allen's, and the Fishbeck's.  The Robison's (not pictured) left a day early.  Tommy must've driven them crazy.

3 comments:

Stephers said...

Kory STILL talks about the time we went boarding together several years ago... and I let loose a few choice words of my own. Man, that was a long day. Great job going back for a second day!

Angi said...

Looks like a fun weekend, even if you aren't a pro yet. P.S. I have never caught a shrimp either. It usually hits me in the eye and everyone at the table has a good laugh over how NOT close I was.

Andi said...

Glad you had fun! You may not be the best skier, but you are definitely the cutest skier!