Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Can't We All Just Get Along?"

When I was younger, each year on my dad's birthday we used to ask him what he wanted for his birthday.  His reply, "I just want my family to all get along."  I seriously thought that was thee lamest answer.  EVER.  That is, until I started having kids of my own.  I swear, some days I wonder if my kids love each other at all.  So this year I sat them all down and told them that is what I want this year for my birthday.  For my kids to get along for just one day. ONE DAY.  I told them to pretend if they have to, even if it kills them.  I might've even thrown a bribe or two in there.  Hey whatever it takes!  I'm crossing every last finger and toe.

7 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your birthday wishes come true :)

Teresa said...

Leigh- I think most parents go through that. lol asking them to pretend- If you think it will help I'll cross my toes for you too :}
You're a fun Mom-

Lucrecia said...

Ha ha! That's what Brook asks for too. So funny! Too bad the kids never come through on this one:)

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday Leigh-Leigh dear! Next thing you know, you'll be asking for socks for Christmas! I ended up being lame again and didn't mail your present until Friday, so chances are you probably won't get it today. Love you! I'll call you later today.

aubri said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Stephers said...

Happy Birthday Leigh! I know what you mean about the kiddos... they drive me nuts too sometimes!

Mands Glenn said...

My Dad had that answer for every holiday. I think I know why our Dads are so tight.