So... I think it's pretty safe to say that I definitely didn't get the crafty artistic genes in my family. If you want something modge-podged, or whatever it's called, Kim is your go-to gal. If you want something hand-painted to put on a wall in your childrens' room, then you'll want to talk to Andi about that one. Now, me? Hmmmm... well, I love shopping and reality t.v. I AM NOT CRAFTY! However, I was getting my hair done the other day and my friend, Rhonda showed me this cute little valentine one of their clients had given them. It was a conversation heart box wrapped to make a little iPod valentine. So cute!! I thought, 'ok, how hard can that be to make? So it wasn't all that hard to make, but I'm telling you, I have never but maybe about twice in my entire life have used a glue gun. I was quickly reminded why the two of us aren't on friendly terms. My entire right hand is still burning from that little mother (not to mention the carpal tunnel in my right thumb from all the cutting.)
33 iPod valentines (for Tag's class) later, I think I'm gonna hit up Sonic for a Route 44, hunker down, do a little online shopping, watch "Survivor" and call it a day.

14 comments:
You can't say you're not crafty now!
Those are way cute.
What a super-mom thing to do.
I'm so proud of you Leigh!!
WOW Leigh! You go!
wow, Leigh -- those are so cute! I'm very impressed!
You always make me laugh! Those are very impressive!
Don't feel too badly. Dad doesn't have the craftsy gene either. I'm so impressed. Where is mine?
Mom
Oh Leigh..I love you to pieces. That was tooooo funny. And the valentines were way cute.
Wow Wheezer, VERY impressive! I don't know that I would've done that many. Tag is a very lucky little boy!
Leigh you are far better than me and my box of fun dip Valentines for the girls classes. Come see me I miss you!
Love these! I got one yesterday and thought it was so original! Good work.
Those are so creative! You're crafty :)
Wow! They turned out so great! You DO deserve a big drink though, 33 is alot.
Oh MY GOSH, I can't believe you did that for a whole class. That is some serious craftiness. I like to think that the kids went home and displayed them on a shelf or dresser for a few days...I'm sure they did...:) AT LEAST they better have shown their mom!
You go girl!
You little crafty gal, you! Karsyn was given that one from a friend of hers and she LOVED it! She kept showing it to me, as if I hadn't seen it the 32 other times she showed me. Those homemade valentines always seem like such a great idea until you're on about your 9th one, and then you wonder what on earth you were thinking. So proud of you, Your Royal Craftiness!
Post a Comment