Saturday, November 1, 2008

These Are The Last Of The Halloween Pics, I SWEAR!!


Well, after waking up at 9:45 with a "candy hangover," I think we are officially "Halloweinered" (that's for Kim) out!  We had a lot of fun this year, and thank goodness, my kids still let me boss them into wearing whatever I tell them to wear. :)  Here is the costume low-down:




We (I mean I) decided to do a Michael Phelps costume at the last minute.  This was by far thee most expensive costume yet!  I actually had this kid talked into wearing a "smaller" Speedo, but wasn't quite sure how everyone at the neighborhood carnival would react, so we got the longer version.  Tag was diggin' the shorts.  He said, "These actually make my butt look smaller.  When I'm naked, my butt is so big!" (I've got to simmer down on the "diet talk" around the house.)







I thought the teeth added a nice touch.  I know it's a "jaw issue" our man of gold has, but this was all I could come up with.







My little 50's car hop.  Did someone order a vanilla Coke?







A little parade action.







Keagan and her little buddies at the neighborhood carnival.







And last but certainly not least, my little Swayzegans as a little bee.  I was shocked that she actually got into this costume.  Usually she'll wear them for 2 seconds and will have nothing to do with her costumes.  (I'm sure it helped that I bribed her with some root beer.)



P.S.  Happy Birthday Ben!  We really miss you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where at the pictures of the costumes you and Tommy wore? Nothing, but NOTHING compares to Ryan's costume!
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

And thanks for remembering Ben. I've thought of him all week. It's always a little sad to go out to dinner on Halloween night and not have Ben and Lillian with us. That had become such a wonderful tradition. And yes, we will always love and miss him.
Mom

Angi said...

SO CUTE! I LOVE the Michael Phelps idea! He is the only one I've seen of it too, so totally original. What a good sport little Taggie is. The girls look great too. That is the sweetest little shot of Swayze. She looks so innocent and demure.

Lesley said...

Those costumes are classic!

Holly said...

So stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for adding my most favorite word in the whole world! You're such a sweet sister, always thinking of me and adding such a personal touch! Your kids are adorable! LOVE Tag's costume, and Karsyn got a kick out of Tag's commentary on his bum. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! Love you!