Tuesday, November 4, 2008

That's It? That's All She Wrote?!


**NOTE**
Do NOT Read The Following Post If You Haven't Read "Breaking Dawn" Yet (so as not to ruffle any feathers)


Ok, so I know everyone read "Breaking Dawn" months ago, I just barely finished.  I had put off reading it because I figured, if it was going to be anything like the previous 3, it was going to take over my whole existence, sooooo..... I thought I would take it slow, read a few chapters at a time, make a bed or two, read a few more chapters, make some dinner, a few more chapters, you get the point.  Well, I'm just going to say it.  Mom, I know you hate this word, but this book S-U-C-K-E-D!  Come on Stephanie, for rizzle?!  I swear this chick had a brain fart from middle to end.  Don't get me wrong, fellow vampire/werewolf lovers out there.  I adored the last 3 books, but man alive, what a disappointment.  

And I might be the only one to put myself out there and say this, but I'm just a sayin' what everyone's a thinkin'.  Give us some more freakin' details about you-know-what!  We're all just a bunch of silly housewives that want a few more juicy details!  Now I know why my grandma was so into those romance novels.  Bring it on Fabio!  I'm going to my local Wal-Mart to pick one up STAT!  (joking)  No, really, I get why she can't put that stuff in her books.  All I can say is, I'm so glad Tommy thinks these books are ridiculous because if he ever read what vampire couples do ALL NIGHT LONG I'd be in some major doo-doo.  (Sorry Nicole, isn't Brian already on book #3?  You're gonna be in trouble soon.)

And don't even get me started on the whole Jacob/Renesmee story.  What a flippin' joke.  I knew he and Bella were never going to end up together (although I was on Team Jacob the whole way), but for Heaven's sake!  p.s.  what the crap kind of name is Renesmee, anyway?  Gag.

And then there's the Volturri.  We all know my brain is too small to understand all that jibberish!

Now, I certainly don't want to make any fellow bloggers mad, but am I the only one that feels this way??  I read blog after blog after blog about how wonderful this book was, and how there were so many twists and turns and well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but all I can say is BORING.  

Sorry Steph.  I couldn't even finish the book.  I gave up early.  I'm not usually such a playa' hata'.  I know you'll make it up to me someday.

13 comments:

Angi said...

Nope, you aren't the only one who was disappointed. I hated the whole Jacob/Renesmee thing. I felt like she got too lazy to actually develop a believable relationship for him, so she hooked him up with a baby so she could skip all the romance. BOO! She should know by now that we like the romance. You need to read The Host, I thought it was way better than Breaking Dawn. (Maybe thats why, she was writing The Host at the same time.)

Holly said...

I am SO with you on this one! It took me forever (like a week) to read this one and the whole time I kept telling Brett how disappointed I was in it all. Whatever! Read The Host. If you can get through the first chapter, you just might be hooked.

Jana said...

FINALLY....someone else shares the same feelings as I do about the book. I thought I was the only out there that hated it. Don't get me wrong....I absolutely LOVE the first three books and have read each of them at least 3 times, but COME ON.....what WAS she thinking. First of all, what happened to writing about this great wedding, it was like it really didn't exist it just jumped right into honeymoon, which was super boring. Renesmee...what is that? It seemed like some kind of demon baby to me, and her dad at the end of the book was like "Oh well...life is so normal now!" WHATEVER! I wanted more Edward, not more characters that I had NO interest in reading about and a fight scene that actually never turns into anything for about 3/4 of the book. Sorry....don't get me started on this one, but I'm with you on this one...Stephenie Meyer had way to much on her plate when she wrote this one and it definitely shows. WAY disappointed!

....but I do have tickets for opening day Twilight! There's no way I could stay awake for the midnight showing, but I can't wait for November 21st!! GO TEAM EDWARD!!

Lydia said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto...so you're definately not the only one

Lucrecia said...

Okay, I'm gonna have to dig to the back of my brain cuz it's been a while since I read it. But I agree. I was basically satisfied at 500 pages. Wait what? There's 200+ pages left?! What the freak! Then I continue to read through the last 200 pages of fight preparation for a *bleeping* standoff! WHAT?! I was pissed (can you tell?) And the other thing...I was annoyed with how pathetic Edward was during Bella's pregnancy. He was a mess on the floor! Edward's not a weakling but whatever. Actually the more I brew about it the more I'm thinking that I really didn't like any part of this book. It just seemed like she ran out of ideas. Oh and the ess-ee-ex? What's up with destroyed headboards and pillows bitten to shreds? Bells must be pretty hot in bed:) Okay I need to shut up now.

Shannon said...

I did not even finish because after 2 months I couldn't stand it anymore and I just asked my sister how it all ended up! I agree, Renesmee totally ruined it for me. I actually have heard this from a lot of other people to. Too bad she couldn't end on a better note!

Monica&Kevin said...

Totally agree!! I have like 200+ pages left and I'm not even considering reading the rest. Too bad, b/c I really loved the first 3. Grrr!!

Andi said...

Yep, I'm with you too. I almost threw up in my mouth when I found out she was going to name the baby Renesmee or however you spell it. Even Mark got an ear full about how dumb that was. How about Renee first name Esmee middle name? Duh. Er-ba-der! I did like that it was from Jacob's point of view part of the time because I was so sick of Bella and Edward by then. I almost quit reading it a few different times. No post vamp details and no fight scene at the end? I mean, cool that they win and all, and awesome that she's some super-powered vamp, but seriously, no fight scene? Isn't that what they've been building up to forever? It was such a let down. And such a cop-out that Jacob imprinted with Renesdork.

Maddox Family said...

I agree with you. It was totally disappointed in the ending. I hate the name Renesmee and hate that Jacob had to imprint with her. I thought that Stephanie was trying too hard to make the perfect ending and wrap up all the loose ends. I was totally disappointed in the fight scene. I wanted at least one vampire to die or at least some fighting action. I agree with the other comment the Host is a good book. It thought it was better than Breaking Dawn, althought it took me until chapter 11 to get into it and figure out what was going on.

Rhonda said...

Don't worry Leigh. You didn't ruin anything for me. I think I'm the only person who hasn't read any of those books!
Now for the costumes...too cute! Tag's killed me! The teeth a perfect touch! Car hop..love that idea. But, the Bee was my favorite! She looks adorable!

The Stones said...

BOO! Whats with all the negative? I thought it was pretty dang good. What the crap did you expect...a Mormon author writing about vampires and shape shifters (not werewolfs, don't you pay attention) Some parts drug on a little, but while I wanted a XXX love scene with some freaky #@%? we have to remember who her audience is. I guarantee there would have been a bigger uproar if there had been some rough and ready details. I too was team Jacob as Edward is too serious, but I knew he had to imprint because he hadn't done it yet. I thought it was a brilliant twist. So put one in the "Liked It" column hater's. Stone

Stephers said...

I thought it was... alright. It felt a little too neat the way every single loose end was tied up by the end. And the end was a let-down with the no-show-show-down. I kept telling my husband the absurd plot details as a running joke.. it was actually pretty funny when I would give him an update ("so now the girl is now a vampire and she has a half-vampire daughter who is now destined to marry a werewolf!") and he would just shake his head. At least we got a few laughs out of it!

Auna Leigh said...

I agree Leigh! I really hated the ending, no real ending. I think she is going to continue the series through Renesemee. (horrible name) On another note, you going to the movie next week or you still too pissed?! Love ya!