Monday, November 10, 2008

Can You Keep A Secret?


Good, because I can't.  I went up to Utah last weekend to visit a good friend of mine, but there was another reason behind my visit.  So I had what I like to refer to as a "mommy tuck" last year, (there, I said it) and for the past 8 or nine months, I had this little growth thingy around my scar I also liked to refer to as my "nubbin."  At first I thought it was a hernia, which I had heard can happen after having stomach surgeries.  I went to my family doctor to get it checked out and he said it definitely wasn't a hernia, but maybe a stitch gone bad from my "mommy tuck."  By the way, that's what Angelina Jolie is calling her "supposed" tummy tuck after the twinners (because the tabloids are always right, aren't they?!)  I thought "mommy tuck" sounded cuter.  Anyhoo, I kept putting off calling my doctor in Utah because I knew I'd have to find a babysitter, fly up there, etc., etc. so I held off for a few more months until it finally decided to break open and a friendly little green stitch was poking out to say "hello."  TIME TO CALL THE DOCTOR.  Long story short, it didn't end up being the tiny little stitch that we all thought, but more like a flippin' THREE inch stitch.  Don't ask me how that happened, even my doctor was pretty shocked.

Now, why on this glorious earth am I writing about all this?  I don't know, to be honest with you.  My friends all think I'm a little sick and twisted i.e., THE kidney stone post.  Maybe I'm just trying to get people (mainly my husband) to feel sorry for me.  You see, I'm a pretty open book, no skeletons here.  (Aubri and Angi, you keep your mouths shut.)  And it's like Joan Rivers says, "Our bodies are like cars.  Every once in a while, we need a little tuning up." Amen sista'!  I mean, we all get braces for our crooked teeth, don't we?!  Well, mine pretty much needed an overhaul! 

5 comments:

Stephers said...

I'll have to talk to you about that sometime... the 200+ stretch marks have not been kind to my belly :-)

Angi said...

I am laughing off my brazilian butt implant. (I am hoping that if people think I've had one, it will make my big butt seem cooler.) I can't believe you spilled it. You are my favorite.

Picomania said...

All I have to say is I've had that done plus more;) Not only do we fix our crooked teeth, we color our hair, wear jewels in our ears, etc. I plan on having as much plastic surgery as I can in my lifetime. Wish Cam had gone into plastic surgery instead...we can't have it all. You are hilarious!

Auna Leigh said...

Love it! Humor is good for healing too! And I like the idea of "mommy tuck". Even though it frieks me out, I think it's something I might need to look into. Being pregnant with 4 kids in 5 years has done a little bit of damage to my midsection!

Allie said...

You are SOOO honest. And its frickin funny. Keep it up!! Are you coming to Tucson to cheer on your hubby?