Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Was REALLY Trying To Hold On To This One, BUT.....


Ta Dah!  No, it's not Tommy we're looking at, look a little bit further to the left and you will see none other than "Mr. Tennis" himself, John McEnroe!  We had an 80's Halloween party (halloweiner if Kim's reading this.  I always try to sneak that word in whenever I can.  It freaks her out) about 8 years ago. (I know, I know, my Tommy looks like he's all but 10 years old in this picture.  He was 24 AND smokin' hot in those acid washed jeans, might I add.)

Well, you see, the reason why I'm posting this picture is because we all know Brother Burkinshaw loves little "shout-outs" every once in a while, and I just could NOT resist.  Before the party, we all went over to Goodwill to find our outfits, and Tommy came across a pair of rainbow underwear.  I mean, seriously guys, come on, who in their right freaking mind would buy used underwear??  Well, that's where our John McEnroe comes in.  We didn't know it, but Ryan actually BOUGHT and WORE them (stuffed, yes, you'll have to enlarge the picture and squint really tight to get a good look) under those short green shorts of his to the party!!

I'm guessing it won't take but about 30 minutes after making this post public, that I'll be getting a phone call or some crazy anonymous comment from our Ryan.  Should I call him and give him a head's up?  Nah!  (He's my #1 blog fan, checks it ALL the time).  I'm so busted, but we all know he is secretly loving it!  So Ryan, I really wanted to save this one for your birthday, but I just couldn't resist.

See Tommy, you're not the only one I pick on!

12 comments:

Holly said...

I am dying here. DYING! That is great! Brett just walked in and said he's REALLY glad that you don't have any pictures of him. Ha ha!

Andi said...

Okay, that totally looked like Tommy during the 80's. He looks like a toddler! Holy cow. You're friends are going to stop letting you take pictures of them!

Lucrecia said...

Whoa, Brother Burkinshaw has hot legs!:) I must echo Andi....your friends aren't going to let you take pictures of them in fear of public humiliation! I feel safe knowing I'm not on your hit list.

Shannon said...

Leigh I am so glad you left me a comment because getting on your blog and seeing that picture just made my day. Seriously I am dying! What the? I can not wait until the next time I see Ryan! Looks like your little one and my 4 year old would get along great! It is seriously based on an hourly basis of wether or not I am going to give her to the Indians! Somehow she always manages to redeem herself, she's too smart! Tell Tommy hi!

Lucrecia said...

She's a Shiba Inu. She's actually a mini of my Mom's breed (Japanese Akita). She's full size at 13 lbs. And actually, my Mom's dog Jozi died a couple of years ago, sniff! sniff! But my Mom's doing pretty good. She's living in Draper right now. Hey, don't forget to send me your email address and I'll you send you some Blog Banners.

Rhonda said...

I can't breathe!!!! Laughing to hard! Love that Ryan...he's quite unique, isn't he!?

Caryn said...

Leigh this is exactly why I love your blog. Classic photos. Classic.

Angi said...

Halloweiner is right! That is a well placed arm in the picture, to my dismay. I need to meet him, he must be a fun guy.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Ryan, Does Leigh have the chicken picture too?

Anonymous said...

You guys have way too much fun! Your blog is just TOO funny!! It makes me smile every time!

aubri said...

Ryan,
craig wants to know if you can bend over and pick up his balls when he play tennis.

Dallas and Krista said...

Wow wow wow. Now that is special.