
Today is my sister, Kim's birthday too. I could tell you her age, but she might get a little miffed. Oh well! She's a whopping 3 -6! Ha! Ha! Kim, that's what you get for not having your own blog. It makes it kind of fun for me because I have some pretty good "Kimmie" stories (and pictures) up my sleeve! Can I say, "Cabbage Patch Ceremony?!" Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. You better thank your lucky stars that video is on VHS, Missy!
I could list all the reasons why she's the bestest, most wonderful big sis in the world, but that would take waaay too long to post. But I want you to know (even if you end up reading this next week because you think you're too busy to read my blog daily, you're forgivin) I love you so much. More than you know. You've been the best example of a big sister, (even when you pushed me into the glass jars downstairs in the laundry room and I got blamed for it, AND got spanked AND cried even harder for you because I just KNEW you were gonna get spanked harder because it really was your fault, but you didn't get spanked harder because Dad's hand was too cold! Yeah, right.) I'm sure your version of the story is different, Kim, but remember - this is my blog and I can tell the story the way I remember it.
Your present is going to be a little late this year - what's new? And it won't be generic or anything. We've got to think of something better than Target gift cards next year! Hey, it's better than Eric's Caesar Salad kit!
Love you Kimbo!!

5 comments:
LOVE the picture. I need to get your pictures and scan them so I have copies sometime. You know, sometime when I don't have a billion other projects like the cookbook. Doh! I need to work on that. I wish I had a digital video of Kim at our picnic at the rocks. I'd post that one. She's going to get us back one of these days and get her own blog. Until then, it's fun to post old pictures and stories!
Happy birthday Kim- Your a sweetheart- I remember when Sam was a little guy he use to say that you two were going to get married because you had the same b/day- plus he did have a major crush on you :} Happy Day
and Leigh what a sweet post for your sister- Kim is lucky to have you as a sis also :}
Cute post. I assume that is you on the bike? It looks a lot like Keagan! I always thought she was all Stapley. So fun to see you tiny!
I love sisters. You son seems so cute and mellow. He sounds like my boy. I feel the same about mine. It's nice to have a kid you like, not just love huh? BTW - sorry for hounding you for Twilight $$. I got it from Krista today :) c u there!
Awwwww, thanks, sis! Are you shocked that I'm actually reading this the day you sent it? Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with your calling me today and asking me to go check it out! I know, I know, I'm trying to be better. Seriously, though, you were so sweet...except for showing that icky picture of me in my extremely ATTRACTIVE Dickey Prairie Elementary shirt. Woo woo! That sure was a fashion statement. Somehow, even with your David Letterman teeth from sucking your thumb so much, you still look adorable. Seeing that picture of us on our bikes brings back SO many memories...playing Wonder Woman with our black rubber boots, playing "bus", you trying to smoke that cigarette butt you found on the ground, and the time when you fell off your bike and scraped up your leg. It was bloody, but you didn't cry at all until you saw the blood, and then you screamed like crazy. Fun times! Oh, and all of my forts that WAY beat yours--about the only thing I've ever been able to do better than you. And, of course, the famous jar story! Okay, so maybe you did take the blame on that one, but you should write about the time when you bit your own arm so Andi would get in trouble for biting you! Anyway, right back atcha for all of the nice things you said. I know you love the cheesy stuff, so I really do love you so much, Leigh. You've always been a good sister to me, and I think the world of you. Besides being totally gorgeous and funny, you're a great wife to Tommy and a wonderful mom to your kids. I bet they have so much fun with you as their mother. Thanks again, and have a great week! Love you!
Kim
Post a Comment