Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday "Windy Doodle!"




Just wanted to give a little "Woop! Woop!" to my mom today.  She's one heckuva lady.  She and I have had our "moments," but I love her so much and don't feel like I've told her enough how great of a mother she's been to me.  I have a hard time writing sappy junk, as you've all seen in the past (well, all of my) posts.  I get my smart-a@#%ness from her.  And I think I like that quality, to be quite honest with you.

Let me just share a few tidbits about this chick:

  • she can shoot a gun like it's no one's business.  I think we had a gun in every bedroom growing up on the ranch.  She even had one under the seat of our car.  I can't tell you how many times the car came to a screeching halt when she saw a fat, juicy squirrel and blow it's head off.
  • she taught our parrot, Kermit to say, "I'm a Mormon, I'm a Mormon."  The guy that bought him from us (not LDS) wasn't too pleased.
  • she absolutely rocked the wife-beater/no bra thing back in the day.  My mom had a killer body, still does.  (all my guy friends in high school had the biggest crush on her)
  • she's always made the yummiest meals.  EVER.  She even paid her accountant by making steak dinners for him each year.
  • she's the best nurse in the whole wide world.  I'm telling you, when you're on your death-bed, you want this chica around, fo sho!  Just don't expect her to clean up any throw-up.  She'll turn around and run the other way.  (I wonder wear I get it from?)
  • she's intimidating as all get out.  I personally think it's a good thing.  You don't want to screw with her.  She's one tough mutha' and knows how to give a good "Chinese Torture."  DONT. MESS. WITH. HER. (and just as a heads-up, don't ever mention immunizing issues, EVER)
One of my favorite "Mom" stories goes a little somethin' like this:

So we're on our way home from school one day, and we had full-time cowboys living  in a trailer next to our house.  We came to be good friends with one in particular, Richard Selander.  Richard had just bought a really nice dirt bike, motorcycle thing, and as we're pulling up to the house, we saw that he had just washed it.  So my mom makes us all get out and get all the horse poop and mud we could possibly find and throw it onto the bike.  We were practically massaging that baby with mud!  She always loves to get a rise out of people.

Happy birthday Mom, your present's gonna be a little late as well, so I figured I'd better butter you up a little before it comes.  Thanks for being the best wife, mother, daughter and friend.  Love you.

Ok, enough sap.  Birthday week is officially over.  Tommy says it's been nice because I haven't ripped on him in my posts the past few days.  Ooooohh, you just wait, my little Tommicita!

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Love those pictures- Happy Birthday Linda-

Andi said...

You said it all. I had a hard time knowing what to write after you. Great job Weezer. I love the stories. We've got one tough B as a mom. She rocks!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! You have the best pics! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom! Happy Birthday Linda!

Emily said...

What a nutty mom! I love the horse poop on the motorcycle! Very clever

Angi said...

That was a great tribute! Yo momma will love it! She is a hottie. I love the whole gun-slingin bad A image. Your Dad is a lucky fella.

Anonymous said...

Remember when we screeched the "school bus...ie, Volkswagon Rabbit" to a halt and shot a rattlesnake with snake shot and pinned him (it had to be a HIM!) to the bank and later, another one in the cattle guard?
Thanks for all the sweet thoughts, undeservedly though. We had some great times up at the ranch didn't we? Many good times to come. Can't wait until Thanksgiving so we can eat ourselves into a coma. I MUST have one of those coconut cupcakes and who knows what else. Thanks for the tribute and for all the great pics of my grandchildren. Happy birthday Tag. You and Kimme are kindred spirits for sure. I think that "sweet gene" came through the Perrett paternal line, certainly not the maternal line. I wonder where Keagan gets her fire and grit? :)
Love you more than you could possibly know.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to Mom, Leigh! That pic of her in the barrel is one of my favorites. That's the cool thing about Mom--she's totally refined, classy, feminine, domestic, etc., but totally tough & rugged, too. Probably every man's dream. I don't really remember the no-bra thing, but you've always been a little more obsessed with those things than I have, so I'll take your word for it. Thanks so much for Karsyn's adorable bracelet. Aubri & I had a good laugh over it because I got a little confused and thought it was from her. I was feeling so bad because I didn't even know when her kids' bdays are, but then she explained that it was from you. You're such a great aunt (with great taste, I might add). Love you!

The Carter Fam said...

Leigh...
It was so great hearing from you. (I'm brand new at this blogging thing.) Anyway, we live in Lehi. No, I'm no longer teaching however do skin care once a week. How are you? Still in Arizona? Your kids are darling. Next time you are in Utah... we will have to meet up. You are more than welcome to stay with us as well... we have a couple of guest rooms. I added you to my friends list too. Take care.

Summer said...

Linda was one hot cowgirl! Love the tribute!