Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad.


It's your birthday today Dad! You would have been 65. I would give anything to call you and wish you the happiest birthday and sing to you with my amazing singing voice {wink}. I miss you telling me each year that all you want for your birthday are socks and "for us to all just get along." I wish you could tell me all the goodies Mom was going to make on your big day. I loved talking 'food with you. I wish we could talk about what a knucklehead Tommy is sometimes.

I wish I would've just listened to you and waited to have Swayze on your birthday, like you wanted, so we could celebrate together each year. I'll blame my stubborness on Mom (since you're the birthday boy today, I'll cut you some slack and play nice).

Hopefully Ben is throwing you a tacky Obama birthday party with lots of gay rainbow flags (that was uncalled for, I know).

I just miss you so much.


XOXO's,
Your Favorite.


5 comments:

aubri said...

Thanks for the tears and laughs, your amazing.
Love ya SO much!

Shannon b said...

that birthday party sounds perfect. I can just imagine it. :)

Siri Elaine said...

It sucks not having them here to talk to and have fun times with. At least we both had awesome loving dads!
xx

The McGraths said...

Hugs to you!

Kim said...

Eric & I were just talking about how we wonder if there are any parties like that where Dad is! Boy, I wish Dad were here to have one of those tacky, super politically incorrect parties...or even one of our taste tests...or just about anything. Sweet little post. Love you!