Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Lovely Days Of Carpool...



But Holy Moly, the conversations between several 11 year old boys makes it all worth it. Take for insance, yesterday as I'm driving the boys to basketball practice:

Tag: "Hey Hunter, remember when you told my mom she doesn't stand a chance with Raja Bell?"

Me: "I still haven't gotten over that one, Hunter."

Tag: "But Mom, you're married to Dad!"

Hunter: "Yeah, that's just temporary."

Or, try listening to nine 11 year olds sing word- for- word, every Taylor Swift song.

I never knew a kumquat is a traditional piece of wood you bang your head on (huh)?

I had to whip out my inner Dr. Phil and have had to put out a few fires - the latest one, over how one boy was upset at the other because his friend ripped on his "laced" Vans and said he likes the "unlaced" Vans more. Go figure. I'd have thought I had a bunch of 13 year old girls in my car.

I also get to hear about "secret" crushes, mean school teachers, I get the privilege of smelling the most foul odors, I get to listen to burping contests, etc. Trust me, the list goes on and on.

Oh, and one more thing - While driving these boys around each week, I've figured out the appropriate age to make deoderant-wearing a daily requirement. You guessed it.. 11.

3 comments:

Kim said...

And all along I thought a kumquat was a small yellow fruit--silly me. Good thing you have those boys to set you straight. It's hilarious to hear what kids talk about amongst themselves, isn't it? Loved your "carpool" picture, by the way!

Andrea said...

Oh the things I have to look forward to! ;)

Auna Leigh said...

lucky you! lucky them!