There are many things to be grateful for this year. My good hair, Sonic ice/foam cups/Diet Coke, my shoe collection etc. Sounds lame, but true.
But this year, I am especially grateful for the gift of eternal families, the gospel, a loving, hard-working, loyal husband, our home, and that I have happy, healthy kids.
This year, we decided to go to California and be with my parents for Thanksgiving. My sister Kim and her family came down from Idaho. It was really wonderful. It was very quiet, but very enjoyable and, most importantly, there was a never-ending abundance of good food.

I am most grateful for this,

this,

and this. Swazye had had a little accident in the car, so we borrowed Grandma's "My nuts are bigger than yours" shirt, given to her by Kim's husband, Eric. Tommy would never do such a thing.


Whenever we get together, my mom loves to have a treasure hunt. Here are the kids waiting while Kim and I hid the eggs.

Auntie Leigh was a little excited to find out there was going to be an "adult hunt" with $500 at stake. After a 30 minute head start for the girls, a few shoves to get Kim out of the way, I walked away with a grand total of $165, not including the egg Eric stole from me. It doesn't pay to cheat Eric. Ha! Ha!

The kids checking out their loot.

4 comments:
Looks like fun! Wish we had been there too.
Love the Adult egg hunt. How sweet is that? Love all the pictures of your cute Dad!
How wonderful that your families could get together...looks like lots of fun and great memories- and I agree, your Mother is a fabulous cook.
I love it! Lets go jean shopping with that loot!
Post a Comment