I am so far behind on this post. The Pinewood Derby was actually several weeks ago. I am so so happy that this was our last and final Pinewood race of our parenting career. We are such slacker parents when it comes to getting Tag's car ready each year. We always put it off 'til the very last minute, literally. Tommy ends up going down to the local hobby shop and gets a car pre-cut. Is that considered cheating? I did happen to hear a few, "Wow! You made that car in less than a day?" We were caught. Some parents take this whole Derby thing a little too serious. Well, this year Tag opted for a pink car and every year he tries to get the "Flat Tire Award." We have so many boys in the ward that the leaders had to come up with a few other awards to give out, so they make a big chocolate cake in the shape of a tire and give it to one boy in each den who has the slowest car. He won the same award last year and was pretty stoked about it, so he figured he'd try for it again this year.
Tommy was the "trigger man."
Setting the cars up for the big race.
Don't be fooled by the lightning speed shot of the cars. These were the 3 slowest cars in the whole group. I love the look on all the boys' faces.
And here he is, the winner of the coveted "Flat Tire Award."

3 comments:
Go Tag! Way to aim for the most important goal - chocolate cake!
Just as I was getting relaxed updating myself on all your new posts, I read the infamous "f" bomb dropping post. At first I said to myself, "WTF?? then I realized just how many times I too have been guilty of dropping the "F" in my posts. In all seriousness, this site needs to have one of those counters that clock how many times us "Mormon bloggers" use words such as "freaking, dude, or shiz" ( i don't use that one, but some do). I would put that clocker on my blog and post away.
Thats so awesome. Tag is one cute kid.
Post a Comment