Monday, March 16, 2009

A Little Reprimanding...

I knew it had to be too good to be true since it had been a few months since getting any complaints about my blog.  And Tommy's complaints don't count.  He complains on a daily basis how I need to "Tone it down just a little."  I've just figured it gets me out of certain church callings.  You know, spice it up a bit here and there.  So, without further adieu, here was my conversation with my dad about a week and a half ago:

Dad:  (First, his infamous sigh I've heard many a time growing up.  He fills his cheeks with air and lets it all out.  Doesn't sounds so scary, does it?  Just ask my mom and sisters.  Not like Kim would know what that's all about since she's always been the "golden child."  But they'll vouch for me.  It sends chills down my spine.)  "Sooooo, Leigh."

Me:  (In a very sheepish voice) "Yeeess?"

Dad:  "How am I going to get you to stop using the "F word" on your blog?"

Me:  "What?!"

Dad:  "Yes, don't you think the work "freaking" is the same as the "F word?"

Me:   "I, I guess so."

I was so busted.  So Dad, take note.  I have been making a very conscious effort to change my potty mouth.  I didn't think he would be very amused if I told him that my father-in-law uses it, one of the counselors in our Relief Society Presidency used it when referring to her first Diet Coke she'd had in over a month, and even my 2 year old uses it.  Just the other day, I let the kids go swimming and when Swayze stuck her tootsies in, she said, "Oh my goth! (gosh) It'th fweaking cold!"

5 comments:

aubri said...

your dad is freakin right..... BUT....... I still love your potty mouth and your blogs! See you in a week!

Anonymous said...

That's really funny. I'm impressed your dad reads your blog! What a neat trip to DC. That is one of my top trips to take after med school. How fun to go with your father-in-law who has some connections. I love that you thought the "mall" was a real mall. I would have thought the same thing!

Auna Leigh said...

tell him not to view my latest entry. yikes!

Anonymous said...

Leigh, you know I love no matter what!
Dad

Dallas and Krista said...

Haha cute- your dad commented :) I for one love how candid and NOT toned down your blog is. I truly appreciate it and it always keeps me coming back for more.