Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Sweet, Sweet Edila


Ok, a little disclaimer here.  I am in no way trying to sound like I'm bragging one bit, but I'm going to write a little about my love for my cleaning lady, Edila.  I love love love her so much! She comes and visits me every Wednesday, and oh, how I look forward to these days.  Now, mind you, I've had to give up a few things to keep her, i.e., nails, pedicures, facials, that sort of stuff.  And I'm fine with it.  I would even give my firstborn to have her come each week, no, not really!  Come on!  (ok, maybe my second child, this week has been a disaster with her.  Try getting a call from her 1st grade teacher saying she and her friend have been calling another girl at recess FAT!  But I'll be posting about her 100x's of writing, "I, Keagan Stapley, will be nice to everyone."  Ugh!  I'm half tempted to sell her on Ebay.)

Now, I don't give a crap what Oprah and her homegirls say about Pine-Sol.  I flippin' LOVE that smell, and the house looks clean enough to me!  (Oprah says, "Just because it smells clean, doesn't mean it is clean.)  Yeah, whatever lady.

So, here's my little shout-out to my honorary hermana, Edila.  xoxo

11 comments:

Noelle said...

gotta love the cleaning ladies! You don't need to go on a diet, just come to the freakin gym with me.

aubri said...

I wish I had a Edila! I'll take Keagan.......wait..........she could be MY Edila. Tell her if she naughty anymore, she will be cinderella at the halls house. She's TOOOO cute to be mad at. Oprah is full of CRAP! I love that smell too!

Andi said...

Ah, we've only had a cleaning lady for special occasions. I need to learn to cut out more so that we can have her come more often. It's like Christmas morning whenever she comes!

Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say...LUCKY!! I have yet to convince Brian that we need to have someone clean our house. Maybe someday. =) By the way...I love your blog! It makes me smile!

The Ross Family Seven said...

I am so friggin jealous...dang!!!!!!
I MISS MY CLEANING LADY!!!!!!!!

Angi said...

Hooray for Edila!!! I love that she posed for a picture with you! Wow, Keags already knows how to cut to the quick! Tell her I have many a picture of her in years past where she is not so slim shady.

Anonymous said...

Glad Edila is better than you know who! Tell Keags to mind her mama! Grandma says.
Love you.
Mom

Hayley Holliman said...

Hey you - I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. But how in the world did you find it??? Small world I guess.... It was so good to hear from you, looks like you guys are doing GREAT. Stone still talks about Taggart all the time. I'll be back to spy on your blog. {Hope you don't mind}.
Josh wanted me to have you tell Tommy he's still a dumb ass. Only kidding tell him "hi" for us.

Anonymous said...

Leigh,
It appears to me that you are not aware that your house cleaner was also Tommy's girlfriend/booty call all through high school and college until he met the love of his life... YOU! I just wanted to make you aware since you might not have known this correlation previously... Tommy always thought they would have made beautiful kids together but I guess we'll never know. You may want to keep your eye on Tommy when she's do the "house cleaning"... You just never know these days! He had the same love/flirt/obsession/affair with his house keeper growing up... Claigie! She was his first "real" make out! Anyway, just lookin out for ya!
You and your house keeper do have STRIKING similarities! Irony, I think not!!!

Lesley said...

If you sell, choose someone slim! Just a suggestion.:)

Anonymous said...

Is Tommy jealous of your deep feelings for Edila?
--K