Monday, September 15, 2008

Now You Know What I'm Talking About...


When I say my mom is the greatest cook!  She's not messing around, fellas.  I can't exactly remember what she was making here, but I know it was some sort of frog fondue thing, (you can click on the picture to enlarge.  Don't know exactly know why I'm making a blowfish face.)   I think she was trying to be tricky with all the vegetables, trying to make it "fun" to eat all the "healthies."

I remember begging her to make Mac and Cheese for us.  Tacos were a real treat.  Even spaghetti.  Hamburger Helper?  Never heard of it!!  Someone once told me, "If the recipe calls for more than 5 ingredients, I won't make it."  Huh??  She is always making something fancy.  I love this woman!  So now you see where the mad cooking skills come from?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was practicing on you guys for a RS demonstration. You really DID have a "blowfish" look on your face, didn't you? I can't believe it, your grandma would have a corinary, a plastic water pitcher, on the floor! Wonder which vegetable I was trying to get you to eat? You're way too kind with the compliments though. And this is your FIRST comment on this blog! woo hoo, Mom rocks!
Love ya, glad you made it home safely. I'm anxious to hear your report on the pukies. Call us on Dad's cell phone.
Mom

aubri said...

Holy Crap! What a fancy dinner! My moms idea of a treat was the BIG shredded wheat with warm milk and honey over the top. Hey, when you grow up without sugar in the house it DID taste like a treat.

Anonymous said...

Your mom is the best cook ever! I love going over to their house! Cute pic!

Stephers said...

I do remember when we all lived in Springville, you made a fabulous beef and rice dinner after I had a baby. I still remember how good that was. So you must have gotten some of those cooking genes!

Holly said...

You DO have mad cookin skills and I think you should regularly post some of your newest and most mouth watering recipes on here. C'mon and share the goods with the rest of us! BTW, you are inspiring me to get off my butt, go buy a scanner that actually works and blog about the good ole days. How was Cali?

Andi said...

I don't remember seeing this picture before. Do you have others you are hiding from me? I remember when Mom went through her Thai phase when I was in high school. That was a fun one! I wish she still cooked for us full time. I said to Dad once that when I'm rich I want to hire a personal chef. He laughed and said he already had one. Lucky sucker!

Andi said...

By the way, we all had some pretty awesome bangs. Wow.

Noelle said...

You have inspired me in the kitchen department!!

Are you afraid to post on Cali? Wasn't exactly what I was hoping for!

Teresa said...

Yes, your mother is a wonderful cook...I have learned much from her cooking talents over the years.
Cute picture.

Angi said...

Look how pretty your little momma is! You look just like Tag here! (or I guess he looks just like you!) We should have been buds back then, you could have had Hamburger Helper at my house. Guess that is where MY mad cooking skills came from too.

Nicole said...

Wowza!! You weren't kidding!
I'm with Holly. I need some Leigh's Kitchen Magic over here!
And BTW, I can't believe you went to Cali WITHOUT ME!!!
(I forgive you)

The Stones said...

So I am a little behind because I am a traveling fool, but the best thing I got from all of your posts was "Utards!" So MONEY!

Lucrecia said...

Jeez! I can't believe your Cali trip was a bust! I'm so sorry! Too many kids not enough adults right? I'd probably jump out of the short bus into oncoming traffic:) It's too bad we weren't able to connect. I'm sad about that. Next time!