Sunday, September 7, 2008

"No, Really, If You Had To Choose One..."


This little treasure I found is very near and dear to my heart.  It's been the running joke in my family for years.  I think I'm about 14 in it.  My sisters, Kim, Andi and I went and had our pictures taken.  Well, I thought I looked SO beautiful in it.  I'd go around to different family members and say, "If you had to choose one, who do you think is the prettiest in this picture?"  I know, I know, I have some serious vanity issues going on.  So I'd go around asking everyone who they thought was the prettiest sister, and my dad would say some smart@!%& thing like, "Oh, Kim's the prettiest."  And I just figured he was messing with me.  In my small little pea-brained mind, I just knew everyone thought I was the prettiest, they just didn't want to say it out loud and make the other sisters feel bad.  I'd even go up to Kim and ask her and SHE WAS IN THE PICTURE!!  I'd say, "Kim, don't you think my eyes are so pretty?  Don't you think my hair is SO pretty?  Aren't my lips SO PRETTY?"

Needless to say, I think I have gorgeous sisters, no competition there.   I don't know why I was always such a weirdo about it.

18 comments:

Jana said...

Love it. It sure brings back childhood memories. If only I could get my hands on a few of my pictures growing up. :)

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I know...Dave keeps us entertained. I could devote an entire blog to just Dave and his mishaps. Too funny!

I added you to my blog....hope thats ok. We need to get together sometime. I've been thinking a lot about sushi lately. We should try it again sometime!



Jana

aubri said...

What are you?........ POLYGAMIST WIVES!!!!!!!!!! Your husband is VERY LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

Angi said...

K, I am cracking up. I love Aubri's comment... I was thinking the same thing! (If it wasn't for all the scandalous leg Kim is showing!) I'm gonna have to dig up some of my teen pics. Your hair is so tame compared to what mine was like- guess it was that sophisticated California upbringing you had.

Picomania said...

Are you the middle child? Because you really remind me of our Isabelle. She's constantly going around telling everyone how fabulous she looks and how "uncool" Annie looks. Isabelle doesn't even need to ask if we think she's pretty, she knows it and she brings it most of the time. I have a feeling you and she would get along quite well:)

KatieZ said...

If I had to choose I think your tights are rockin! Come on, you know that you still are secretly wondering if we think you are the prettiest...so I do have to say that you look pretty good! You don't want to see me at 14!

Sarah, RN said...

You're cracking me up girl. that is hilarious. Let's get together soon.

Noelle said...

My jaw is hanging WIDE open. I could't even tell that was you. First, you are so funny. Second, you are so beautiful. What I love about you is who you have become. You are one if the most kind, caring and giving women I know. Thanks for that example. You rock!

Anonymous said...

We would have one less "Leigh story" if you hadn't have done this! You rock Leigh. And yes, you have turned into a beautiful woman; so have your sisters. Dad and I are always VERY proud.
Love ya,
Mom

Sarah Hall said...

Too funny!...okay...how did you get so lucky to be pretty at 14? Aren't kids suppost to be all awkward at that age? Or was that just me? I was too big teeth, Braces, and a twig. I think I looked more like I was 10 at 14. You were pretty and now you're a hot mama!

Andi said...

Haha! I totally remember that. You need to post the "other" picture. You know which one, the one where we are all fighting. I can clean up all the speckles on these if you want by the way. Mark's shown me some tricks. Ouy, did we really dress like that? I think Kim should get a prize for most tasteful dress.

Nicole said...

BAAAAA!!!
I think I had that same dress! But my hair was MUCH bigger. I need to do a Flashback Friday.
Love your honesty!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow leigh you look REally good! i bet you had all the guys head over heals! Andy looks so little and adorable! and kim looks like a 90's country superstar! i bet you guys just loved taking that picture!

LOVE ZACH! AKA=snacky

The Shosteds said...

ditto to Aubs comment! you inspired my new blot post... check it out... i'm still working on some better dirt.

Shannon b said...

oh this pic brings back memories! :) the Perrett girls . . . . funny, in my young days I thought it was so odd that a family would have all girls -- this, coming from someone in a family of (almost) all boys.

You're all beautiful girls/women!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me--your polygamist sister-wife-whatever! Okay, if you're going to put in all of these flashback pictures, PLEASE don't put in retarded ones of me for all of your followers to see! Please...you know I'm the token geek of our family, so I know there's probably a plethora of little gems like that one in your photo box. You forgot to talk about the part where you would just sit on the couch for such a long time staring at that picture, and then ask for a vote on who was the most beautiful. Have to say, though, you win! Love ya, gorgeous sis! --Kim

Allie said...

Sweet picture. Its good to see you laughing at it now and at least you thought you were pretty, I'm still terrified to look at any pictures of my fat self from about sixth grade to ninth!

Dallas and Krista said...

Hilarious- seriously! I am realizing at this very moment that i forgot to call you back... sorry! Have fun in Cali- call me when you get home and i will help you- hope none of you puke!

Summer said...

I love this picture! This is soo classic! I need to get one of our oldie but goodies out!