Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolution Gone Bad.

It's that time of year again, folks. Time for me to get back to the gym. But before I make the big trek back, I figured I'd have one last hurrah. So tonight I sent Tommy and Tag to the grocery store to get some crackers to go with my delicious cheese ball we won at the Halls' annual Christmas party. I was also having a little craving for some salt and vinegar chips. So I texted Tommy after he had left for the store, and here the texting conversation goes:

Me: I would love it if you brought me some salt and vinegar chips.

Tommy: It's the new years. We are going to be healthy.

Me: Gee, thanks.

Then, my sweet, ever-so doting hubby proceeded to send this picture from the chip aisle (because, in Tommy's mind, these are the kind of people that eat chips).


Tommy: Found the chips.

Me: You're so lame.

Tommy: I'm not making this up.

Me: Yeah, but you're trying to make a condescending point in typical Tommy fashion, kinda like the way you do with Zach.

Tommy: We got your chips and they look delicious.

Apparently Tommy's not a real fan of his wifey sporting a little "junk in the trunk."

**Disclaimer** If the folks in the picture above are any of my readers' brother/sister/cousin etc., I'm pointing the finger at Tommy. Please don't tell them where I live.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe Tommy busted out the camera and took a random picture of the chubby people, actually never mind.... I can! So funny! Did you get your chips?

Rhonda said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Nicole said...

SOOOOOO funny!
Good thing it wasn't me in the picture. I think I was in that same chip aisle a little earlier...

You guys crack me up!!!

heidi said...

lol! i like the part where he says, "i'm not making this up".

Dallas and Krista said...

That is hilarious. Love it.

Auna Leigh said...

That's awesome! But tell Tommy he's dang lucky to have YOU on his arm. And no you don't have any junk in your trunk! Love you Tommy, but serioulsy help a sister out. The Woman wanted chips, you get her the chips!

Mands Glenn said...

THis is too funny! Im always sending my Man out for late night treats. So o funny!