So, I get a phone call this afternoon from my dear friend, Tina. She said they were going to California for 6 days and told me to get Swayze's bags packed because they were stealing her. And she wouldn't take 'no for an answer.
Now, it's funny because I had just had a conversation with someone about how my idea of a perfect vacation would be to have an empty house (for a few days only, of course) with just me to myself. I always get a little envious of Tommy when I go out of town with the kids because I'm thinking to myself, 'lucky dog. He gets to come home to a clean, quiet, empty house. He can watch whatever tv shows he wants, he gets the whole bed to himself, etc., etc. (I know I'm sounding like such a loser wife/mother right now, but just a few days wouldn't hurt, right?? And to be completely honest, I sleep much better when he's gone. I could do without him molesting all night long.) Well, now that my little Weezie is gone, I'm sitting here, biting my nails hoping she didn't puke all over Tina's car on the ride to Newport, hoping she'll sleep through the night, hoping Tina's girls will put enough sunscreen on her so she won't get 3rd degree burns at the beach, and praying she won't get eaten by sharks (it is, after all, "Sharkweek" on the Discovery Channel and Tag has made me watch one-too-many episodes).
I think everyone needs a "Tina" in their lives. Just not MY Tina. You can't have her. She's taken.

4 comments:
what a sweet mom you are, missing on her!!
That is pretty darn amazing. I do indeed need a Tina!
Waaaaa! I wanna a Tina! Please~ just to borrow! I will return her in say, 5 years. probably not in one piece though!
Seriously, how do you find people like that?! I need a friend like that stat!
Post a Comment