Monday, August 24, 2009

May I Make A Recommendation?


I have a confession to make... I'm back on the sauce - the Diet Coke bandwagon.  I can't help it.  We have a love affair going on.  I can't stay away.  And just to add fuel to the fire, Lorie Tucker introduced me to the new metal Slurpee straws from 7-11.  Oh. My. Goodness. I couldn't believe there to be anything more glorious on earth than my new purple "too inappropriate for church" shoes.  But I was wrong.  Dead wrong. These babies come in a wide variety of colors.  I chose pink, it looks SO good on me.  I think I'm in love.  Don't walk, RUN to your nearest store.

"99 cents of pure awesomeness."


Metal Slurpee straw + a Route 44 Diet Coke w/ lime = a marriage made in heaven.  Welcome back, my  darling Diet Coke. How I've missed you.

16 comments:

heidi said...

hum, that metal straw looks pretty fun!

Lucrecia said...

Oh, that is genius! And it does look good on you...just like evrything else! :)

whiteclef said...

Might just need to get one. Cute pic!
-Mands Glenn
Opps signed in as my husband!

Kim said...

Is that to keep it cold or just to look cool and/or be reusable? Pretty cool idea! So...do you own a pair of purple shoes yet? I've been waiting for an update.

Rhonda said...

I love you, Leigh!
I do love those straws!
Hmm... maybe I have to become a soda drinker?

Nicole said...

Oh STOP IT!!
You know how weak I am!
How can I not try a cool metal straw now?!!!

Sarah, RN said...

ok. explain the coolness factor...looks good for sure but does it taste better?

and I am so glad not to be the only one hooked to the sauce. I hit sonic at 8 am yesterday...sigh.

loves.
s

Julie said...

What a bummer that you didn't get to meet one of your blog stalkers while it UT! haha Now Lorie wants to read your blog so I told her I'd leave you a message. Her email is loriet@gorillamultisport.com. Thanks for entertaining all of us Funks! : )

Julie said...

PS- I wasn't a fan of the metal straw at first- its so wide! But it is awesome with a Slimfast shake. The little pieces of ice don't get stuck like they do with a regular straw. I still need to try it with a Sonic drink though. We'll see...

Shannon said...

You are hilarious! Saw you from afar today, wish we could have chatted. I ran into Jana Funk and she said she was with you guys last weekend. We should all plan a lunch, it would be fun!

The Carter Fam said...

Leigh... I love you. A woman after my own heart. I love Sonic's Diet Coke w/ lime and I've gotta check out the straws you are talking about. :) Don't quit... be strong and stay on the sauce. It's my stable in life.

The Carter Fam said...

Oops... that was supposed to say staple, but it keeps me stable. Ha

Jen said...

Leigh, I just have to tell you how completely entertained I am by your blog. You're so much fun. I'm getting a straw tomorrow.

Birchall Family said...

I use to just grab a regular diet coke before I sat down to enjoy your blog, now I need that straw!
I wanna see the shoes! I think they are perfect for church, gives people something to talk about! Haha

Katie Taylor said...

jenny me and our husbands quit for 6 days last week. most boring week of my life. i'm going to buy those straws TODAY. O and i laughed my butt off at your son's tooth fairy note. too sweet.

The Shosteds said...

i'm not much of a soda drinker but i gots to get me one of those straws!! sweet!