The other morning, Swayze and I were having a nice little cuddle session and out of nowhere she says, "Big fat Mommy!" Ouch. I don't think I've ever heard Tommy belly-laugh so hard. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume she meant "Big PHAT Mommy" (because she thinks I'm so awesome). So I asked her, "What part of Mommy is fat?" She pointed to a particular mountainous region on my chest. Hey, I'm working on it, Kid. (Don't worry, Swazzle, I won't mention your overbite). Whenever I gain wait, it goes straight to my mams and my relief society arms. I figure, it's probably what I get for tapping my mom's bum when I was a little kid, saying, "Your butt feels like jell-o." Karma is definitely a biz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
So funny!!
Ha ha ha, that's funny! But seriously, you have always been slender so I don't even know what you're talking about! But hey, here are some famous quotes from my kids to make you feel better... after having a baby "Mom, you still look fat but that's okay." Or one night I overheard my boys wispering "Look at Mom, I think we're going to have another baby, awesome!" Kids, aren't they sweet?? :)
Ouch! Liam told me that my singing made his ears hurt and he didn't want me to sing any more songs to him. I don't think he's figured out what fat is yet, thank goodness! He always tells me about my 'ouchies' on my face (yep, zits). And he always tells me about how I hurt his feelings and made him sad. Best mother of the year, here I come...
Kids can make you feel so good sometimes, but so bad at others. I remember when we lived in Simi Valley Blakeley was just little and she came up from behind me in the bathroom and said (with emphasis added), "Mommy, your bottom is HUGE!" Well, I love you, too, baby girl. I guess they keep us humble. Most husbands don't mind us being "fat" in that area, though. Love you.
Big Fat Mommy,
We thought we were coming this next week, but plans got switched up a little bit so we are trying to figure out when we are coming down. We will hook up with you guys for sure though when we come. I feel like I know you guys so much better through the whole blog thing, more in in a stalker kinda way than anything though. Any who, I have a hard time believing you are fat in any way so no sympathy from me. Later, Stone
OK, if I hear one more thing about you being fat, I'm going to spank you!!!!
Because if you're fat, then I'm afraid to know what I am!!!
Love you!
We need to hang.
Chick flick?
Call me.
Heeheehee.... Don't they just know the right things to say?
In light of my own children's recent comments about my buttercup, I will be doing 150 squats a day. I was trying out a bean bag at Target and you can't get out of those gracefully anyway, so as I was getting up, Charlie blurts out "it looks like an elephant butt". Yes, he was referring to my buttercup and then Annie pipes up with "it's more like the butt of a blue whale". I was crushed, so Belle in her typical sweet, middle child way says "I don't think your butt is gigantic". So, as I sit on the couch on my giant butt and think about all these loving comments our children make about our bodies, I thank God for those precious angels :) I love your blog! You are seriously funny...
Post a Comment