Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Who, Me? You're Way Too Kind!



I'm totally laughing at myself as I type this.  Please don't take this seriously.  I'm not THAT vain (well, maybe just a teeny bit sometimes).  It's just that, every time I get a fortune cookie, I always get totally shafted.  I always get some gay saying like, for example:

- "Promotion coming soon."  (Thanks, but I've already nominated myself for the "Mother of the Year Award).

- "Many receive advice, only the wise profit by it."  (What?!  I don't even get that one).

- "Behind an able man there are always other able men."  (Hmm, something to think about).

- "You are more likely to give than give in."  (hardly).

- "The road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page."  (again, pretty gay).

- And this one's my personal fave... "Your secret admirer will soon appear."  (enter creepy old boyfriends on Facebook maybe?  There's a reason why we broke up in high school, buddy).

Anyhoo, I thought this one I got the other day fits me just perfectly, I couldn't pass up the chance to post it.

5 comments:

Andi said...

Awesome! Right before we started dating Mark got, "a tantalizing prospect is coming your way," and the day we got engaged I got, "you have found good company, enjoy." Otherwise I get lame ones too. I like your newest one, so true!

Jen Olson Brown said...

Right on the nose! You were right and so was the fortune! Great post!

Auna Leigh said...

ha ha ha ha! Craig always gets the best fortunes! But I love the Mother of the Year award!

Holly said...

I LOVE it!!!!! Ha ha ha ha!

Rhonda said...

Heeheehee.... VAIN? YOU? NEVER!
Just joking. (Did I really say "just joking"?)
I hear ya. I get shafted too. You have to live it up when a good one finally comes your way. & I have to say, I think this one was true!