Saturday, June 27, 2009

Convo, Via Text Message...


I have to admit, it's really sad how today's society rarely talks these days.  It's just so darn easy to text!  I find it especially enticing when I'm having an argument with say... hold on, I thinking, give me a minute.  Ok, for kicks, we'll go with Tommy.  I'm not one for confrontation, so arguments via texting are so much more appealing.  That way, when he gets home, it's already over and done with and we're friends again.  Anyhoo, Tommy went on a monster ride this morning and said he'd be home by 1 o'clock (did I mention I had 6 kids this weekend?)  Here it goes:

Tommy:  "Driving home now.  That was the hardest ride I have probably ever done."  (notice I'm adding all the punctuation marks.  Tommy's the worst at that.  He knows it drives me bonkers).

Me:  "How much harder will Warriors be?"  (Warriors is a craz-nasty race he's going to ride in Utah in August).

Tommy:  "Not sure, probably 20%."

(A few hours later), Tommy:  "I'm sorry.  Be there by 3.  Stopped to eat." (remember, he said he'd be home by 1?)

Me:  "It's fine.  I'm starting to figure out I need to always add 2 extra hours from the time you tell me."

Tommy:  "Kinda like I need to add $200 to whatever you buy?"

Me:  "Exactly." 

4 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is why I love to read your blog...its so freakin funny!!

Teresa said...

it's nice when you understand each other =)
I hate to text- I have to put reading glasses on just to find the letters....I know I'm old.

Andi said...

Dude, we are so alike. I like the idea of getting it out via text!