
Well, we just finished our 3rd year in a row for the annual school Spelling Bee. Tag was super stoked to be in it again. I told him beforehand, not to get too cocky because he's the oldest one there. I made him promise me he wouldn't embarrass me and lose it on an easy word. He did so well. He ended up getting second place to a 5th grade girl, nonetheless. Poor guy, in his mind, getting 2nd place is worse that last place.
His word?
Autonomous (please tell me no one has ever even heard that word before)?? When the lady gave him the word, he laughed and asked her to repeat it twice and use it in a sentence. TWICE.
And the word the 5th grade goody-goody won it on?
CRYSTAL. Keagan knew how to spell that word in Kindergarten.
I call major bullshiz on that one. (in fact, I think Tommy even said, that's bullS&*!@ out loud).
Yep, the Stapleys' are sore losers.

3 comments:
Yep, total bullshiz. Was her mom a judge?
Not fair. At all. At least he got out on a hard word. I lost with the word scissors. I'll never forget how to spell that darn word.
Yep you got screwed...& so did we for that matter! Unequal words and a mic that wasnt working properly dont make for a GREAT Spelling Bee.
He's a winner in our book!
Post a Comment