
My poppa and I (circa 1978ish).
Now that my baby is a Sunbeam, she gets to do 'big kid stuff. Last Sunday she was asked to say the closing prayer in Primary. Tommy and I were a little worried, because lately in her prayers, she has been praying a lot about Santa. Praying that we'll be good for Santa, that he'll come find us etc. I knew ahead of time (the perks of being Primary secretary) that she'd be giving the prayer, so we kind of practiced and I told her she couldn't pray about Santa. She's also been praying very hard for her Grandpa Perrett these days and she prays that the doctors will "feel" (heal) him (now, that, I can't correct her, I think it's just too cute).
Anyhoo, long story short, it's the moment we've all been waiting for (Tommy even came into Sharing Time to join in on the excitement). Swayze gets up to say the closing prayer and one of the councelors got up to help her. She, in her oh-so-bossy way said, "I don't need any help." Let me just say, this chick was over the top thrilled to talk in the microphone. Her prayer lasted about 2 minutes. She prayed for everything under the sun. She even prayed twice for Tag and Keagan. Then she started saying, "And please bless my mom and dad..." then.... silence. I peeked my eyes open to find the other teachers peeking also waiting, and waiting. This is a parent's worst nightmare. What was she going to say?? "Please bless that my mom and dad won't fight? Won't cuss? Will get to church on time? Will stop watching reality t.v.? The possiblities were endless. Luckily, my friend, the councelor got up to stop her.
After church, Tommy told her he needed to know what she was going to say. I guess we'll never know. Her overbitten lips are sealed.

5 comments:
how funny I bet she was great. i didn't realize that are girls are the same age, my Carlee is a sunbeam now too, she just LOVES it!
Wow, now that's dangerous! Let's just hope she doesn't want to bare her testimony anytime soon ;-)
Ha Ha! Kids are the best, you never know what they're going to say! I'm sure people in primary hear some NICE stories about our family!!! Isn't being the secretary the BEST!?!!
Awesome.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I guess that's why it's good I don't go? Oops, I may get some heat for that.
Post a Comment