I'm not too sure what more can be said about Lake Powell, we seem to be here quite a lot - in fact, we're going again next month. Lake Powell has been a Stapley family tradition long before I joined the family. This is by far, our most favorite vacation as a family.
Luckily, no one was injured this trip. No broken noses, stitches or broken arms like last year, thank goodness.
However... we managed to get pulled over not once, but twice by the same sheriff, for undisclosed reaasons. It was the same sheriff we met last year when one of the kids got ran over by a rental boat. I think we're making buddies with him.

Our usual spot, out by Lone Rock. I think they reserve it for us every year.

The crew on the blasted sandhill. Have I mentioned how much I hate climbing this thing and how I get talked into it every stinkin' year?!
Our trip wouldn't be complete without endless hours of surfing.

Meet our newest couple, Cam and Mitch - oops, I mean Rusty and Craig. I think Tommy was a little jealous.


6 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Would you believe I haven't been there for about 15 years? (elle's skirt is from Gymboree:)
I just caught up on your blog. I am still crying. That post about your dad was so sweet. Really, the tears are still running down my face.
When my Grandpa got really sick last year and we knew he was not going to be here much longer, we got to do alot of the same things. I loved getting to tell him how much I loved him, and how much I was going to miss him. Having a chance to say goodbye is such a huge blessing, a answer to prayers.
I am so glad you had that chance, as sad as it is.
I hope you are all doing ok.
Love all the funny posts. Your kids say the BEST things ever! We had to get Austin to stop saying Oh My G**. He got it from the chimpmunks, dang those little rats!! He said it all the time. We finally got him off the habit. Mikey says "oh yit"...um wonder were he gets that. At least he isn't saying shit, yet
I will update when I have like 5 hours to do it! I promise it will be soon.
That blasted sandhill! You know you secretly love it.... yes you do!
Undisclosed reasons? Why do I have a feeling Tommy was involved... :)
Fun times! Would you believe I've never stepped toe in Lake Powell even being an AZ native? Pathetic I know. It's on my list.
I laughed loudly reading about Swayze's new vocab repertoire. I knew I had to start censoring mine when our son dropped something in the kitchen & mumbled, "Ah, damn it." Precious right? At least it wasn't in public.
P.S. Think you'll be happy to know who just won the magical wand giveaway. Yes, yes. :)
Hey Cuttie! I need your email address. Are you headed home to Ca. anytime soon or know of anyone that is? amandamorphyglenn@gmail.com
Post a Comment